If you haven’t seen the information you’re looking for on the website, please check our frequently asked questions below. If you still can’t find an answer, chat to us on firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to hear from you!
What’s the Designbx way?
We’re an online Interior Design solution that connects people with talented designers who style their home. It’s a collaborative, dynamic and affordable way to design. The Designbx promise is to offer a full design solution for a single upfront project price – no hourly fees or hidden costs. The real bonus is our exclusive industry discounts. These savings can span from 5-50% on individual products, offering our clients the opportunity to stretch their budget.
Why should I be a designer for Designbx?
The Designbx promise is to create a community of designers who can provide our clients with the right amount of support, direction, and design talent to create their style.
At the heart of Designbx is a commitment to bringing key industry designers to our client’s homes – which allows you to design in your way and in your time. Our designers are filled with passion, warmth and the ability to think outside the box. We believe confident and happy designers can breathe life into any space.
Our commitment is to make design accessible and fun for our clients, without sacrificing design professionalism or quality. We will collaborate with and support Australia’s top design educators, designs studios, and key forward-thinking design agencies.
We understand that designers come from all walks of life, need flexibility and a fresh approach to design. Our community offers a platform where we promote, educate and develop our designers. Some of the ways we do this:
- A fixed percentage of all client project fees.
- No cost to register with Designbx – currently fee free for designers.
- Work online from anywhere, anytime.
- Diverse projects and clients from all over Australia.
- Personal profile, portfolio and listing on our website.
- Access to an extensive product library of beautifully curated products from leading suppliers.
- Opportunity for photography of finished projects for your portfolio (dependant on the client’s preference).
- An easy to use, intuitive, Designbx online account to manage design projects.
- Opportunities to feature on our blog, website and social media.
- Exposure via our national PR and marketing activities.
- Opportunity to be part of a growing, forward-thinking design solution.
How does it work?
After clients take our style quiz and provide a design brief by answering a series of simple questions that also includes images and dimensions, a design project will be launched.
You will have access to a project list and the option to select the projects that interest you. You will then submit a first impressions board based on the client’s brief, style and budget. After all the submissions are in, the client will pick a winning designer. You will then work with the client to complete the design folio – including final style board(s), floor plan, set-up/installation guide and a Shopping List.
How do you manage projects online?
The Designbx solution is completely online, bringing interior design into the future. It’s an interactive, accessible and fun way to see your space come to life. Because the process is completely online, you and your client can work on the project any time, day or night, over the coming days to create a full design solution. Your personal Designbx account makes communication and management of your project easy and fast. Don’t worry; you don’t need to be a technical genius to work with us.
How long does a project run for?
Each design project generally runs for about a two to four-week period. Custom projects will have varying lengths. Bringing the process online enables a speedy and streamlined approach to quality design. Below is a sample project timeline.
What’s the key to being a successful Designbx Designer?
The key to success is communication – so keep your clients happy with updates, questions and ideas. Here are some other top tips to being a successful Designbx designer:
- Being computer savvy, confident with conversing online with your clients, working at a fast pace and presenting a well thought out, accurate and inspirational design.
- Reading client briefs carefully, with attention to detail, to ensure your designs align with all client needs including budget.
- Being inquisitive, using your skill and expertise to exceed client expectations every time.
- 100% client focussed, respectful and solution orientated throughout the process.
Your Designbx support team are always available so if at any point you need assistance we are here for you email@example.com.
Do I have to sign an agreement?
You will be asked to review and agree to our terms and conditions before becoming a Designbx designer.
How to become a Designbx designer?
We look for the following elements when sourcing our designers; credentials, work experience, portfolio, examples of designs, and application form, but foremostly your passion for design.
Happy with our model? Answer a few questions via our online application form, attach your resume and relevant folio work and we’ll be back to you as soon as possible to chat about your future with Designbx.
I can’t find the answer I’m looking for?
We strive to create an inspiring, challenging yet supportive hub for our designers. We’re sure Designbx will get the creative juices flowing and introduce you to an innovative way of providing clients with beautiful design solutions.
Find us on your favourite social media sites and join the conversation. Check out our blog, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest or Twitter. We love talking design!