It is all about bringing the outdoors in and equally the indoor qualities when it comes to home renovations. There is nothing like a space that you can retreat to find your inner peace, read a good book or enjoy a quality tapas plate and bottle of wine with friends.
Everyone has their own style but here are some key tips to help build that perfect space:
1. Ensure you make outdoor features visible from the indoors. Plant feature trees at view points from your favourite rooms
2. Orientateyour garden around your architecture. Hedges against walls, vines on fence lines, hanging plants to lead the eye to feature positions in the home. Be sure to play with the scale of your plants. Select a style and keep within that family. It helps bring a harmonious look to your spaces.
3. Integrate functional elements into your garden to create additional rooms. Seating nooks, fire pits or ovens.
4. Outdoor rugs help define spaces and bring a warmth to a sometimes soulless area. Neutral tones are best allowing you to change your decorative items when you tire of a colour scheme.
5. Mimic your indoor core colour or material outside to help bring them together as one.
Whatever shape or form your outdoor space is just give it a little love. Here are some great examples of outdoor areas with heart.
Using similar soft furnishing as your interiors unites these spaces beautifully
Keeping your outdoor areas simple and allowing the focal point to be your view is everyones dream
Modular seating brings option and the ability to change which is great for any space
Just being at one with nature is the real beauty with outdoor spaces
With Summer almost here it only makes sense to get the ball rolling on your next outdoor make over
12th October 2015 | Team Designbx | Global blogs- worth knowing about